Limited Time Only: Nest Thermostat E
This product cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
Questions regarding ComEd's Central Air (A/C) Cycling program?
Please call 630-437-3195
Meet the new Nest Thermostat E
Its simple design and new frosted display blend into the background. With proven energy-saving features, the Nest Thermostat E can help you save from day one. And you can change the temperature from anywhere – the beach, the office or your bed.
Central AC Cycling
The AC Cycling program at ComEd uses a Nest Smart Thermostat or a direct load control switch connected to your central air conditioning unit to control your air conditioning.
Choose from one of these three options to participate:
- The Nest Smart Thermostat Option uses a Nest Smart Thermostat and allows ComEd to control your air conditioning compressor for a limited time during the summer days when electricity is most in demand. You can earn a $10 credit on your monthly summer energy bills, up to a total credit of $40 each summer. Participants in this option need Wi-Fi capability in their home and agree to have their thermostat controlled during program events. For a limited time, this product is $0.00 plus shipping and handling.
- The 100% Direct Load Control (DLC) Switch Option allows ComEd to turn off your air conditioning compressor for a limited time during the summer days when electricity is most in demand. Your fan will continue to circulate already cooled air, to keep your home comfortable. You can also earn a $10 credit on your monthly summer energy bills, up to a total credit of $40.*
- The 50% Direct Load Control (DLC) Switch Option allows ComEd to turn off your air conditioning compressor for a limited time during the summer days when electricity is most in demand. Your fan will continue to circulate already cooled air, to keep your home comfortable. You can earn a $5 credit on your energy bill for each summer month, up to a total of $20.
*If someone in your household is home during most of the day or has a medical condition, the 100% option is not recommended.
Central AC Cycling Nest Smart Thermostat Option Details:Get up to $40 each summer when you enroll. ComEd will issue a $10 bill credit for each summer month (June-September).
- Order your Nest E Smart Thermostat
- Install and connect thermostat
- Log onto ComEd.com/ACCycling
- Under the "Smart Thermostat" option, select the Enroll Online button
- Select Sign Up on the next landing page
It's easy to join. If you own your home, have central air conditioning and are not a Peak Time Savings program participant, you can enroll in ComEd's Central Air Conditioning (A/C) Cycling Program.
Enroll online today
Blends into the background and fits into any home.
Turns itself down after you leave, so you don’t waste energy heating or cooling an empty home.
Use the Nest app to change the temperature from anywhere – the beach, the office or your bed.
A Simple Schedule
Start with a basic schedule, then adjust it whenever you like.
Proven Energy-Saving Features
Like the Nest Learning Thermostat, the Nest Thermostat E can help you save from day one.
Check the Nest app to see how much energy you use and why.
Like all Nest Thermostats, this device earned the ENERGY STAR® energy efficiency certification.
Nest Thermostat E also shows you how much energy you use every day in Energy History and every month in your Home Report. See when you use more energy, like on weekends or Monday nights, and how to use less. Saving has never been so easy.
Easy Home Installation
Installation is easy. Most people install a Nest in 30 minutes or less. Everything you need comes in the box:
- Optional Trim Plate
- Mounting Screws and Labels
- Installation Guide
- Nest Pro Installation Card
This device works with most 24V heating and cooling systems, including:
- Forced air
- Hot water
- Geothermal heat
Before you purchase your Nest, make sure that your heating and cooling system(s) are compatible using Nest's compatibility checker.
C-wire not required
A c-wire (also referred to as a common wire) is a low voltage power wire that many modern thermostats require for their features to work.
The Nest Thermostat E does not require a c-wire to work. Nest has a built-in battery that can be charged using the heating and cooling wires.
If you already have a c-wire, however, Nest recommends that you connect it. To determine if you have a c-wire, remove your old thermostat's cover plate. You should see several wire terminals labeled with letters. If a wire is connected to the “C” terminal, you have a c-wire.
|Warranty||2-year limited warranty. For help, visit nest.com/support.|
|Size and Weight||
|Battery||Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery|
|Power Consumption||Less than 1 kWh/month|
Nest Thermostats cannot be shipped to P.O. boxes.
Related Products & Accessories
A connected home takes your comfort and convenience to the next level. Find out how Nest can make your home smarter.
If you have any questions, please contact our customer support team.