Connected Home Buyer's Guide
Whether you’re thousands of miles from home or just in at the far end of the house, connected home technology can help you can keep tabs on your most prized possessions.Learn More
- Is your smoke alarm outdated? Looking to monitor your home for smoke or carbon monoxide leaks and be proactively notified in the event of an emergency?
- Try Nest Protect™ Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Alarm for alerts straight to your smartphone or table when it senses smoke or carbon monoxide.
- See, hear and record the goings on in your home with Wi-Fi connected security cameras. Monitor the baby sleeping in the next room, keep tabs on a service person entering your home while you’re away, or play back video to see where a break-in or fire occurred.
- Try Nest Cam Indoor™ security camera for its two way talk and listen features and continuously recorded live video.
- Are you trying to easily save energy while you’re away from home, but want to return to a comfortable temperature setting?
- Try the Nest Learning Thermostat™ or ecobee4 for automated energy savings. These Wi-Fi thermostats learn your schedule, so you don’t have to change the temperature to an energy-efficient setting before you leave for the day and you’ll return to a comfortable temperature.
- Interested in the Wi-Fi capability of the Nest thermostat and ecobee4, but don’t need all the bells and whistles?
- Try the LUX/GEO thermostat for a simpler, more affordable option. It’s easy to install and program and it uses your smartphone’s location through the app to tell whether you are home or not and optimizes your energy savings while you’re away.
Wi-Fi enabled lighting gives you convenience while letting your artistic side shine. Choose from array of lighting colors, hues or textures and sync your Wi-Fi LEDs to other products for increased security.Learn More
- Want to program your lighting from your smartphone to set the mood for when you return from home, watch a movie or take a nap?
- Try Philips Hue – Sync your lighting hue and temperature to match your mood, and connect to other home products to have more control, comfort and security in your home.
- Looking to set the color and brightness of your LEDs from your smartphone or tablet so you don’t need to get off the couch or out of bed?
Home security can be challenging when you’re away and don’t know what’s going on at home. Increase your home’s security and exterior monitoring with just a few simple products, which can prevent or minimize costly damages. Plus, these products can communicate together to even further increase your home security. Never miss a beat.Learn More
- Interested in virtually controlling who accesses your home?
- Try August Smart Lock – It turns your smartphone into a lock so you no longer have to fumble for your keys. You can monitor who comes and goes, when, and assign keys for a limited time, so you’re always in control of who can access your home.
- Looking for notifications to your phone when someone rings your doorbell while you’re away from home?
- Try August Doorbell Cam – It notifies your smartphone when someone is at your front door and allows you to watch and talk to a visitor at the door to let them know to come on in or come around back.
- Interested in easily monitoring your front door and talking to whoever may be there to increase your home’s security?
- Try Nest Cam Outdoor – security camera to receive alerts when Nest Cam senses movement and listen and talk back to anyone there.
Which products work together?
All Nest products are designed to communicate with all other Nest products and can be accessed from one simple and free iOS or Android app called Nest - Your home in your hand. Plus, Nest products can become smarter with time and through interaction with one another.Learn More
When the Nest Protect Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Alarm senses smoke and air quality emergencies, it tells the Nest Thermostat to shut off your heating and cooling system so it does not circulate throughout your home. Nest Protect’s motion sensors also communicate with your thermostat so it knows when you’re home or away, making the thermostat even more efficient.
August products also work well in tandem and are all controlled from one free iOS or Android app, August Home.Learn More
When you purchase the August Doorbell Cam, August Smart Lock and August Connect together, you can see who is ringing the doorbell through the August Doorbell Cam and unlock the door for visitors using August Smart Lock on one app. Get remote access to unlock the door for visitors using the August Connect.
Did you know some of the connected home products on the store can connect to others? Control your smart home from anywhere using your phone or mobile device.Learn More
Control all of your Nest products directly from your August app, set your Nest app to tell Philips Hue to turn off the lights when you leave, or unlock and lock the August Smart Lock directly from the Honeywell Total Connect app.
|Nest Learning Thermostat||Nest Protect||Nest Cam||Ecobee4 HomeKit-Enabled with Remote Sensor||Honeywell Wi-Fi Color Touchscreen Programmable Thermostat||ecobee Smart Si Wi-Fi Thermostat||August Smart Lock (needs August Smart Bridge)||Philips Hue||OSRAM LIGHTIFY Starter Kit w/ Bulb||OSRAM LIGHTIFY BR30 RGBW Reflector Lamp||OSRAM LIGHTIFY LED BR30 Tunable White Reflector Lamp||OSRAM LIGHTIFY LED GardenSpot RGB||OSRAM LIGHTIFY LED A19 RGBW Lamp||OSRAM LIGHTIFY LED A19 Tunable White Lamp|
Now that you know more about connected home products on how they can make your home smarter, safer and more convenient, you’re ready to browse our featured connected home products.
Still have questions? Contact our knowledgeable customer support team via chat or email.